Today's News & Views
Defeating Obama's Abortion Agenda
Part One of Two
Quick, even before you read the rest of this edition, bookmark this for future reference: www.stoptheabortionagenda.com.
This is an in-progress site where by the first of year you will find an abundance of resources to help you help us defeat the anti-life agenda of the most pro-abortion President elected since the unleashed the plague.
This website is part of a family of resources January 20, 2009, pro-abortion Democrats will control not only the , but both Houses of Congress as well. is creating or upgrading as we head into the . As of
We will need to be at the top of our game. And we will be.
At all times remember our goal: to have 1,000,000 NRLC members by the end of 2009. It is an attainable, but only if we have your help. With these many members, we can accomplish more than anyone can imagine five weeks out from the November elections.
Besides www.stoptheabortionagenda.com, there is National Right to Life News's special January 22 Commemorative Edition. Its theme mirrors that of the web site. To gear up to defeat President Barack Obama's all-encompassing abortion agenda where we can, contain the damage in those instances where outright defeat is not possible.
This edition is absolutely must reading. You can download and order by going to www.nrlc.org/news/Jan222009ad.pdf. To expedite matters, just call us at and you order using your credit card.
But what, you ask, can you do specifically? Glad you asked.
Go to www.nrlc.org/WhatCanIDo.pdf. State Development Director Jacki Ragan provides a menu of items to choose from, depending on your hunger to help and your available time. Check it out.
One time-tested and hugely successful way to identify and motivate new pro-lifers is petitions. We'll talk about that a lot in the January issue.
Right now NRLC is providing "The National Petition to Stop the Federal No-Limits-on-Abortion Bill." The petition urges all senators and congressman to reject the so-called "Freedom of Choice Act."
The heart of FOCA is a ban that would nullify all of the major types of pro-life laws that the Supreme Court has said are permissible under Roe v. Wade. To name just a few consequences were this to become law…
*FOCA would make the brutal partial-birth abortion technique legal again.
* It would require tax funding of abortion on demand, even when used as a method of birth control.
* And it would nullify virtually all state limits on abortion, including laws requiring parental notification before an abortion is performed on a minor.
Pro-abortion President-elect Barack Obama has unequivocally endorsed enactment of the FOCA.
You can find the petition at www.nrlc.org/FOCA/FOCA2008Petition.pdf.
If you want a copy sent to you as an attachment that you can forward to your pro-life friends and family, drop me a line at email@example.com and ask for "The National Petition to Stop the Federal No-Limits-on-Abortion Bill."
We need your help in order to help . Please choose from the following:
1. Bookmark www.stoptheabortionagenda.com for future reference.
2. Order lots and lots of copies of National Right to Life News's Special January 22 Commemorative issue by visiting www.nrlc.org/news/Jan222009ad.pdf. and/or by calling 202-626-8828.
3. Download "The National Petition to Stop the Federal No-Limits-on-Abortion Bill" at www.nrlc.org/FOCA/FOCA2008Petition.pdf.
4. Take a look at www.nrlc.org/WhatCanIDo.pdf to see what best fits your time and talents.